Monday, March 19, 2007

Question 6

Please choose one passage from the novel that is significant to you. Why is this passage meaningful? Please type it into one of your entries and comment on what you think about the passage.

In general, books or novels contain stories that are organized and planned out based on the theme, a purpose of writing for the authors. As they are written based on the theme, some passages in the book can mean immense significance to the readers. Throughout the story of ‘Lord of the Flies,’ I also found a passage that was an impact on my identity thus it was significant to me. The passage reads: “There isn’t anyone to help you. Only me. And I’m the Beast.” and “Fancy thinking the Beast was something you could hunt and kill!” For I have discovered that the Beast represented the fears that were latent inside of us, this passage effectively reminded me that, as human beings are not created to be perfect, we live with fears. This passage also reminded me that the fears that are hidden inside of me are not emotions that would easily be destroyed or forgotten – it takes time to overcome them because it is very challenging. In addition, the passage is the part of the climax which contained the theme of this book, therefore the passage was very important to know and understand. The reason being is that it reveals hugely about the nature of fears within human beings, which does not seem very obvious but confusing. Providing that we have understood the passage and are able to apply what we learned to our lives, overcoming the fears that we may encounter in our lives would be straightforward.

No comments: